The Togolese football icon Emmanuel Adebayor has now brought to light the reasons why he converted to Islam.
1. Jesus taught that there is only one God and God alone should be worshiped as taught in Deuteronomy 6: 4, Mark 12:29. Muslims also believe in this as taught in the verse of Qur’an 4: 171.
2. Jesus did not eat pork as taught in Leviticus 11: 7, and neither did Muslims as taught in the verse of Quran 6: 145.
3. Jesus greeted in these words “as salaamu alaikum” (May peace be with you) in John 20:21. Muslims also greet each other in this way.
4. Jesus always said “God willing” (inshallah), Muslims also say it before doing anything as taught in the Koran verses 18: 23-24.
5. Jesus washed his face, hands, and feet before prayer. Muslims do the same thing.
6. Jesus and other Bible prophets prayed with their heads on the ground (see Matthew 26:39). Muslims also do this as taught in the Qur’an 3:43.
7. Jesus had a beard and was wearing a Throbe. It is a sunnah for Muslim men to do the same.
8. Jesus followed the law and believed in all the prophets (see Matthew 5:17). Muslims also do this as taught in the Koran verses 3:84 and 2: 285.
9. The mother of Jesus Maryam dressed modestly by covering her entire body and wearing a scarf (hijab) found in 1 Timothy 2: 9, Genesis 24: 64-65, and Corinthians 11: 6. Women Moslems dress modestly as taught in the Koran verse 33:59.
10. Jesus and other Bible prophets have fasted for up to 40 days (see Exodus 34:28, Daniel 10: 2-6, 1 Kings 19: 8, and Matthew 4: 1- Muslims also do this during month of Ramadan Muslims are required to fast for 30 days (see Quran 2: 183), and others go a little further with a 6-day fasting supplement to increase their rewards.